We, Hisense Australia Pty Ltd., and our associated entities including all related bodies corporates (collectively referred to as “Hisense”, “we” or “us”) commit to protect your personal information and use commercially reasonable efforts to securely store and carefully process the information you share with us. We highly value your trust to improve your lives’ efficiency and comfort by offering reliable home appliances. We are sharing our privacy statement with you so that you know exactly how we collect, use and otherwise handle information and how we keep it secure and share it with third parties.
Thank you for your interest and support all the time.
- How does this Privacy Statement apply?
We strive to be clear about how we collect, process, use, disclose, transfer and store your personal information. This Privacy Statement applies to Hisense websites (http://www.hisense.co.nz/) and/or online applications that refer to or link to this Privacy Statement and any other personal information that you provide to us or we otherwise collect (collectively, our “Services”).
It is important that you read this Privacy Statement carefully because by continuing to use Hisense websites and/or providing us with personal information, you accept this Privacy Statement applies from time to time and you consent to our collection, holding, use and disclosure of your information that is collected by us or submitted to us as described in this Privacy Statement and other written notice we may give to you. If you do not agree to this Privacy Statement, you may not access or otherwise use our Service or participate in our Services.
- What personal information do we collect and hold?
Personal Information means information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether the information or opinion is true or not, and whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
We may collect and hold the following types of information:
- your identification information: name, age or date of birth, and gender;
- your financial information: banking or credit card information or other information about your financial circumstances, as applicable;
- your contact or delivery information: email address, telephone number, mailing or street address and other contact details;
- information of the Hisense devices or Services you purchase or enquire about, including warranty details;
- information about the comments you make on our websites or social media accounts, or you provide to us in response to any competitions, promotions and customer surveys, or any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly or indirectly through our websites or Services or to our representatives;
- records of the Services we have provided to you or that you have enquired about, including any complaints, requests, claims, or after-sales service issues or queries;
- your unique device identifiers, IP address, operating system version and settings, including the regional and language settings, of the device you use to access the Services (please refer to “cookie use” below for further information on this technology);
- the necessary information used for our Services registration, as applicable;
- preferences you have submitted, including your preferred settings for your use of the Services;
- if it relates to a job application or business with us, information provided for the application, either by you or third parties (sensitive information and/or government related identifiers may be included); or
- any other personal information that may be required about your use of the Services, or in order to facilitate your dealings with us.
- Why and How does Hisense Collect Your Information?
We collect, hold process, use, and disclose your personal information for the purposes notified to you at the time of collection, for our business operations, for providing Services and information to you and for other purposes set out in this Privacy Statement, including:
- products or Service delivering;
- communicating with you (for example, if you send us an e-mail with questions or comments, we may use your Personal Information to respond to your questions or comments, and we may save your questions or comments for future reference);
- registering you or your device for a Service;
- providing and maintaining a Service or feature you request and to operate our websites and online platforms;
- providing customised advertising and content, making recommendations based on your past activities on our Services;
- providing customer support: including registering and managing warranties, responding to complaints, claims, enquiries, comments and requests, and performing after-sales services and assessing and responding to consumer or product reviews;
- analyzing programming and application usage for product and service development;
- conducting customer surveys, market research, competitions, promotions or prize draws, as permitted by law;
- technical administration of the Hisense websites;
- maintaining and improving our business systems (including devices and similar products), including for testing and upgrading purposes;
- facilitating internal record keeping for our general business operations and administration;
- facilitating marketing (including direct marketing), such as providing customised advertisements and third-party content and sending you promotional communications;
- assessing your job application or business;
- complying or authorised by law; and
- otherwise with your consent.
We may collect information from you when you:
- purchase our products or get a refund;
- complete online registration forms;
- access and use any of our Services;
- register a warranty or make a warranty claim;
- conduct surveys, promotions or competitions;
- register to receive newsletters or updates from us;
- post comments or reviews about the Service or any Hisense product on our websites or any of our social media accounts or a third party website (for example, websites operated by our retailers);
- apply for a job or contract with us for employment and contracting or otherwise do business with us;
- query, either online through our website, our social media accounts via direct message, by email, mail, in person or by phone; and
- As part of our general business operations and administration.
We may also receive Personal Information and Non-Personal Information of you as a combination with other information we hold or collected about you from publicly and commercially available sources, including our affiliates, marketing companies, advertisers repair/warranty centers, resellers, service providers, content providers and retail stores and others who collect your Personal Information on our behalf for the purposes set out in this Privacy Statement. We also may receive information about you from third-party social networking services when you choose to connect with our Services.
The combined information will be treated as Personal Information under this Privacy Statement for as long as it remains combined. By using our Services, you acknowledge and agree that we may collect and share aggregate and/or Service-specific Non-Personal Information with third parties without obtaining any further approvals or consent from you.
- Direct Marketing
We and/or our carefully selected business partners may send you direct marketing communications and information about our products and services. This may take the form of emails, SMS, mail or other forms of communication, in accordance with applicable privacy and spam laws. When you provide us with information about yourself, you will usually be given the option to let us know that you do not want that Personal Information to be used for direct marketing purposes. You can change your mind about your preferences in respect of direct marketing and chose to opt-out of receiving marketing materials from us by using the opt-out facilities provided (e.g. an unsubscribe link).
- Additional Privacy Protections for Minors Using the Internet
We are committed to protecting the Personal Information of children, and recognize that children, including young teens, may not be able to make informed choices about personal information, especially when it is requested online. Accordingly, we will not knowingly collect Personal Information from individuals younger than eighteen (18) years of age for any purpose, nor will we accept registration from such individuals. However, in some cases, particularly where information is collected electronically, we may not be able to know whether information was collected from children under the age of thirteen, and we treat such information as though it were provided by an adult. If we learn that a child under the age of eighteen (18) has provided any Personal Information, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to delete that information.
- How do we share or disclose your information?
There are times where we may share the information described in this Privacy Statement, and this section describes how we may share that information. We will only share or disclose your Personal Information for the purpose to which you have agreed or for related purposes (or, in the case of sensitive information, for directly related purposes) that would reasonably be expected by you.
We work together with a number of third parties. We have chosen these service providers carefully to keep your information safe. We may need to disclose to, or share your personal information with third parties, some of which may be located overseas. By using the Services, and/or by indicating your consent to this Privacy Statement and other written notice, you consent to us sharing with or disclosing, your Personal Information and Non-Personal Information as follows:
- with our staff and our related companies within the Hisense Group, employees, contractors and agents, to help us provide or improve the contents in connection with the Services;
- with our professional advisors;
- with third parties and their advisors in connection with a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganisation, financing, the sale of some or all of our assets, the sale of all or a portion of our business, a similar transaction or proceeding, or steps in contemplation of such activities (e.g. due diligence);
- when required to (or are permitted to) do so by any applicable law or valid legal process; and
- to social media sites such as Facebook to create customised audiences for targeted marketing.
For any disclosure of your Personal Information by us to our carefully selected suppliers, service providers or commercial partners referred to in this Privacy Statement, we will comply with applicable privacy laws by ensuring that there are arrangements in place to ensure that the supplier, service provider or commercial partner keeps your data secure, does not use your Personal Information for any purposes other than the purposes outlined in this Privacy Statement or any specified purpose(s) set out in a privacy notice.
- How do we store your information and what do we do to keep your information secure?
We take the security of your information seriously. Except as set out below, the Personal Information we collect is stored within databases or hard-copies that we control (we hold personal information in an electronic format on a central database held on secure servers which are owned and operated by our related companies, principally located in Australia. These companies are subject to the Hisense Group’s corporate guidelines on data protection and information security), and we use reasonable security measures intended to mitigate the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure of Personal Information. These documents are held in secure locations within Hisense offices or archive facilities. We restrict the access to documents containing personal information to those employees, contractors and agents who need it for the purpose of conducting Hisense business in accordance with this Privacy Statement. These individuals are contractually bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline for failure to meet these obligations, including termination and/or criminal prosecution. Our security procedures are continually enhanced as new technology becomes available.
The Personal Information we collect is also stored in the USA via our digital marketing automation supplier Green Room Digital.
Please note that although we take reasonable steps to protect your information, no website, Internet transmission, computer system or wireless connection is completely secure, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted through use of the Services. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures for the Services.
- Third-Party Links and Services linked to Our Services
In some circumstances, third party websites and services may be linked to our Services, or third party products or services outside our control may be made available to you. We are not responsible for the privacy or security of any information you provided to or collected by third party websites or other services. It is recommended that you review the privacy statements of the third party websites and services before you provide your personal information.
- Third Parties that Provide Content, Advertising or Functionality on Our Services
If log in or use our Services or Hisense device via a social networking account of you (where applicable), to enable your account, we may receive and store authentication information from that social networking service, as well as other information when you connect with these services under your consent.
We won’t keep your personal information for longer than is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. This means that information will be destroyed or erased from our systems when it’s no longer required.
We take appropriate steps to ensure that we process and retain information about you based on the following logic:
- At least the duration for which the information is used to provide you with a service
- As required under law, a contract, or with regard to our statutory obligations
- Only for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected, is processed, or longer if required under any contract, by applicable law, or for statistical purposes, subject to appropriate safeguards.
- How can you access and correct your Information or Making a Complaint?
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the Personal Information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete, and up-to-date. If you believe that the Personal Information which we hold about you may be inaccurate, incomplete, out-of-date or irrelevant, please change the settings or contact us at [email protected].
If you want to access to your Personal Information we hold, please also refer to https://hisense.co.nz/contact-us/ and submit an email request of “accessing my personal information” to [email protected]. We will notify you in advance if any reasonable fees to cover our costs of accessing your data may apply. You may decide whether to continue the access or not. If you decide to continue, we will respond to any such request within a reasonable period once the payment is received by us. Where it is impossible or unreasonable to enable you access or correct the Personal Information we hold about you, we will notify you in due course and give you the reasons (except to the extent it would be unreasonable or unlawful for us to do so).
If you wish to report a data breach or make a complaint about the way we have collected, used, held or disclosed your Personal Information, please email us on [email protected]. To assist us in helping you, please gather all supporting documents about the matter of complaint, think about the questions you want answered and decide on what you want us to do. We will use the information you provide to investigate and respond to your privacy complaint. We aim to resolve all complaints as quickly as possible. Some complaints are resolved within weeks, but more complex complaints may take longer. You may withdraw your complaint at any time. If you think that we have failed to resolve the complaint satisfactorily, we will provide you with information about the further steps you can take.
- Can I be anonymous or use a pseudonym?
You may deal with us anonymously or use a pseudonym if you wish (for example, when you post a consumer or product review or comment) only if it is lawful and practical to do so. However, please be noted that, in many instances, we may not be able to respond to your enquiries, provide you discounts or privileges, provide you with our products or services, review, comments, posts or complaints, manage your financial with us, or assess job applications, if we cannot identify you or if you do not provide us with the Personal Information we request.
- Website technology and cookie use
The following information may be collected automatically when you visit our websites or Services:
- the date of your access of our websites or Services;
- the websites you actually visit;
- time and length of your access;
- the type and version of your browser;
- URL of the linking website;
- Information of your internet service provider;
- relevant files in the process;
- the operating system of your devices; and
- IP address (anonymised).
The information in this section is collected via cookies and active components and not to be identifiable information of you.
Cookies, Beacons and Similar Technologies
Cookies. Almost all browsers allow the blocking of cookies in their entirety. Cookies helps to recognize you across different websites, services, devices, and/or browsing sessions. Many preferable and useful functions can be accomplished upon cookies, for example, remembering your log-in details without repeat inserting; providing you a better experience and costumed ads by analyzing the most popular parts of our Services. The operating system of your device may contain additional controls for cookies
Beacons. Beacons (or “pixels”) may also be used by us or with certain third parties for the communicate information from your device to a server. Beacons make certain types of information from your Device to be read by a server, revealing the time you have viewed particular online content, determine the time and date on which you viewed the beacon, and the IP address of your Device. It can be embedded in online content, videos, and emails. Based on which and in combination with cookies, you can be served with more customized content which fits your preferences.
By accessing and using our Services, you acknowledge that this Privacy Statement will apply to the storage of cookies, beacons and other information on your Devices and to the access of such cookies, beacons and information by us and by the third parties mentioned above.
- Changes to this Privacy Statement
We will exercise reasonable endeavors to keep this privacy statement current, and make every effort to promptly update its websites every time when there is a change. By continuing to use the Services and/or providing us with your Personal Information, you will be deemed to accept this Privacy Statement as they apply from time to time. Any changes will be effective from the date posted on this website.
Representations and Warranties
Hisense’s supply of the good or services via this Website or any Hisense website may be subject to certain statutory guarantees which cannot be excluded by contract (“Statutory Guarantees”). Nothing in these terms excludes, restricts or modifies the application of a Statutory Guarantee or any associated rights or entitlement to remedies.
Subject to all applicable laws, including the Statutory Guarantees, Hisense makes all reasonable efforts to maintain the content of the website; it does not, however, give any express warranties as to its accuracy, integrity, completeness, legality, applicability, currency and/or appropriateness of the content provided on this website.
To the extent permitted by law and without limitation to the Statutory Guarantees, Hisense, its suppliers, distributors and the other parties involved in creating and delivering the contents of this website, exclude all liability (so far as permissible by law) for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages or loss arising from the use of or inability to use any Hisense website or any information (including content, merchandise and services) on any Hisense website, including (without limitation) damages or loss arising from the negligence of Hisense. To the extent permissible by law this includes, without limitation, liability for damages or injuries resulting from browsing any Hisense website, from downloading any materials from it, from such causes as computer viruses, software or hardware malfunctions, from any deletion or corruption of files, or from any other omissions, interruptions, errors, problems, failures or delays in computer operation in general or in network transmission.
This limitation of liability applies in any action, whether in contract, tort or any other claim, even if Hisense has been advised of, or should have knowledge of, the possibility of such damages or loss.
Disclaimer and Limitation of Use of website and Liability for Products Sold
Hisense reserves the right to correct any errors, omissions, or inaccuracies, we do not accept any responsibility for the accuracy, reliability, currency, or completeness of any information, content, materials, services, products, merchandise, functionality, or other resource(s) available on or accessible through the service (even typographical or imaging errors), including the substance, accuracy, or sufficiency of any service or product information listed on the service. Further, we do not represent that the service will operate without interruption or error, nor do we provide any assurances of the availability or usability of the shopping services offered through the service.
Hisense does not accept any liability for the consequences arising from the application, use, or misuse of any resources contained on or made available through the service, including any injury and/or damage to any person or property as a matter of product liability, negligence, or otherwise.
Hisense also does not accept any responsibility for technical failures or for unauthorised access of user transmissions or materials by third parties.
Copyrights and Trademarks
The materials displayed on Hisense websites, including but not limited to all text, audio, video, images, photographs, illustrations, artwork, animation files and other graphics, and names, logos, trademarks and service marks, are property of Hisense or its parent or affiliated companies or its licensors and are protected by applicable copyright, trademark and other intellectual property laws. Hisense websites may be displayed, downloaded and/or printed solely for your personal, non-commercial home use, provided that you do not delete or modify any copyright, trademark or other proprietary notices. Any other use of materials on this site without Hisense’s prior written consent is strictly prohibited. All images, audio and video clips are the sole property of Hisense or their respective content providers.
Our logo is a registered trade mark of New Zealand. You must not use our trade mark without our prior written consent.
All software used on the site is the sole property of Hisense or those supplying the software. You acknowledge that the site contains content and software that are protected by copyrights, trademarks, or other intellectual property rights, and that these rights are valid and maybe protected in all forms, media and technologies which exist now or are developed in the future. You may use the content of this site only for the purpose of shopping on this site or placing an order on this site and for no other purpose. No materials from this site may be copied, reproduced, modified, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any form or by any means without Hisense prior written permission. All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved. Any unauthorised use of the materials appearing on this site may violate copyright, trademark and other applicable laws and could result in criminal or civil penalties.
Product and Services Information
Hisense produces a multitude of product categories and each product category contains numerous series and models. Due to continuous technological innovations, changes in external conditions, and changes in parts and services and the availability of the same, products and services displayed on the Hisense website are subject to change at any time for any reason.
Product and services information and photography featured within Hisense websites are as accurate as possible at the time of publication. The products and services displayed on the Hisense website are a representation of the products and services manufactured and/or sold by Hisense. Products and services offered by Hisense may non-materially vary by retailer depending on many factors, including the country in which the products or services are sold, the region within a specific geographic area or from retailer to retailer. Renderings, photos, and descriptions are meant to be representative of the Hisense products and services. In keeping with Hisense’s statement of constant innovation and improvement, the products and services displayed on the Hisense website may non-materially vary from the actual products and services and are not meant to be exact representations of the same. All product and service descriptions, pricing and dimensions are approximate. Prices, availability, features and specifications are subject to change without notice. Selected accessory items or props shown in the photographs are not part of the product unless specified. Warranty validation varies by product and by country.
Independent retailers are separately owned and operated and are not agents or representatives of Hisense.
Links to Third Party Websites
This website may contain hyperlinks to other independent websites. Hisense makes no warranty or representation as to the accuracy, completeness or authenticity of information contained in linked website. The existence of such a link does not constitute Hisense’s direct or indirect approval, endorsement or sponsorship of or affiliation with the linked website. Persons who use any Hisense website to link to other websites acknowledge that they do so at their own risk. Hisense has no obligation to review any websites linked to this website and is not responsible in any way for the content of any linked websites.
Updates to Website Content
Hisense reserves the right to modify the information contained on its websites at any time without notice.
No Offer to Sell
The products and services information contained on Hisense websites is for information purposes only and in no way constitutes an offer to sell Hisense products or services. The purchase of any Hisense product shall be subject to the terms and conditions of the applicable sale or retail contract. The MSRP’s (Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price) listed on Hisense website excludes accessories and freight. The price set by a retailer may vary. You must not use information on this website as a substitute for information that is available to you from an authorized Hisense retailer.
Your Account Obligations
In consideration of your use of the website, you agree to:
- Provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the registration form (the “registration information”); and
- maintain and promptly update the registration information to keep it true, accurate, current and complete.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and registration and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password and registration. You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorised use of your password or account or any other breach of security. Hisense considers this registration information private. The information is kept on a secure server to protect it from outside parties. We use the information only for the limited purposes of processing your orders, for statistical purposes to improve our site and services to you, to administer our site, and to notify you of products or special offers that may be of interest to you.
If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or we have reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, we may suspend or terminate your registration and refuse any and all current and future use of the site.
Although websites of New Zealand may be accessed outside of New Zealand, we make no representation that the content of this website complies with the laws of any other country. If you access this website from outside New Zealand, you are solely responsible for ensuring compliance with your local laws.